Our YouthBuild Program is at the heart of our organization and couldn’t be named more appropriately - both for what it teaches, as well as for what it does personally for you as a student. YouthBuild can help you build a strong foundation for a successful life, however you define it.
What do I learn?
This workweek program offers you an opportunity to change your life. We work with you to set goals and achieve them one step at a time, one day at a time. As a student, you can:
- Kick-start your education by earning a high school diploma up to age 24 and acquire computer skills in our computer lab by taking classes taught by instructors from the College of Lake County.
- Earn a scholarship for community service through AmeriCorps.
- Start college with our Bridge to College assistance.
- Learn marketable construction skills and help others by building affordable homes in Lake County.
- Earn a Home Builder’s Institute certification and other career certifications, including a Nursing Assistant certification.
- Build a more hopeful future through counseling, life skills and job readiness training.
- Secure employment and enter college.
To qualify, you must:
- Be at least 17 years old atr the time of enrollment.
- Be 24 years of age or less when you begin the program.
- Have a photo ID, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card.
- Be able to meet and provide documentation for one of the following requirements:
- Be an adult offender
- Be a youth offender
- Be low-income
- Have aged out of foster care
- Have an incarcerated parent