To provide at-risk young adults with the education and training necessary to become gainfully employed and build a better future.
APPLY TO BE A MENTOR
Transform Someone's Life Today!
Our goal is to connect our YBLC students with a positive individual who provides guidance and support to help our students grow and develop, overcome personal challenges and reach their full potential so they might in turn, help create a better community and society.
Mentors need to be able to:
· Commit to attending monthly trainings to learn how to serve our YBLC students
· Participate alongside YBLC students and staff with a service opportunity in the surrounding communities once-a-month
· Carry out the goal of the program by connecting with a student daily when paired
For your service, you can:
· Earn an AmeriCorps Educational Award of $1,212.00
· Earn service learning credits for college
Please contact our Mentoring Coordinator, Syerra Meadows, at 847.473.3483 ext 1005 or email at email@example.com to learn more.
I was recently incarcerated. When I came home, I didn’t know which way to go. YouthBuild has opened up a lot of doors for me. There are a lot of opportunities, great role models and mentors here.They make a way for kids who never really had a way. — Tim, YBLC Student